By Kyra Davidson
Felicity-Franklin FFA Reporter
102 Felicity-Franklin FFA members and guests attended the 90th National FFA Convention during the week of October 24-28, 2017.
Throughout the week, FFA members toured Fair Oaks Farms and Tuttle Orchards, and attended national sessions.
They also had the opportunity to explore career options through the expo.
The chapter brought many motivated students and dedicated finalists in national-level competitions. These competitors include:
• Collin Dunaway, National Champion in Swine Production Proficiency
• Alex Baird, National Finalist in Home & Community Development Proficiency
• Clinton Liming, National Finalist in Beef Placement Proficiency
• Joey Glassmeyer & Jared Hamilton, National Champions in Agriscience: Power, Structural, and Technical Systems
• Erin Jennings, National Runner-Up in Agriscience: Food Systems
• Natalie Brueggemann & Ellie Sharp, National Runner-Up in Agriscience: Power, Structural, and Technical Systems
• Macey Donovan, 3rd Place in Agriscience: Food Systems
• Kiersten Chandler & Sara Doane, 3rd Place in Agriscience: Food Systems
• Madison Carnahan & Landen Tull, 5th Place in Agriscience: Plant Systems
• Macyn Hall and Madalyn Woodall, 7th Place in Agriscience: Environmental and Natural Resources
• Agricultural Sales Team (Nina Cadigan, Sarah Hoog, Emily Lawson, and Tia Louiso), 16th Place in the Nation
• National Knowledge Quiz Jr. High Team (Luke Jennings, 1st Individual; Trinity Evans, tied for 2nd; Emma Laubach, tied for 2nd; and Taylor McElfresh, 4th Individual), National Champions
• National Knowledge Quiz Junior Team (Kyra Davidson, 10th Individual; Madison Baird; Luke Dunaway; and Colton Stamper), 7th Place Team
• National Knowledge Quiz Senior Team (Joey Glassmeyer, 7th Individual; Jared Hamilton; Sarah Hoog, Bailey Lowe), 5th Place Team