The Williamsburg Harmony Hill Association extends an invitation to the public to attend the annual Lytle Birthday Celebration and open house at Harmony Hill, 299 south Third Street on Sunday afternoon, September 24th.
Harmony Hill was the homestead of Major General William Lytle, the founder of Williamsburg and often referred to as “The Father of Clermont County”.
His dairy house, built in 1800, is the oldest historical structure in Clermont County and is on the National Register of Historic Sites.
The museum and dairy house will be open from 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm. The museum has an extensive collection of items related to the history of Williamsburg.
The carriage house will also feature exhibits.
The Olde Williamsburg Weavers will be giving demonstrations on an 1800’s barn loom and wool will be spun on spinning wheels made by local artisan, Earl Pringle. The Williamsburg Community Band will provide a program of patriotic and popular music at 3:30 pm.
It is suggested that everyone bring a lawn chair to sit and enjoy the concert. Refreshments will be served during the afternoon.
The Harmony Hill Museum is open the first Saturday of each month from 1:00 – 4:00 PM and by appointment.
For more information, call 724-7824 or 724-7790.