“The Amelia Garden Club’s August 16th meeting was so informational,” said Connie Compton. Vickie Wenstrup, owner and operator, of Amelia Florist & Gifts presented “A Plethora of Late Season Color with Perennials.” Some of the Perennials shared were Japanese Anemone, Caryopteris, Cimicifriga, Echinacea and many more. Compton indicated, “Vickie provided specific details about each plant, how to incorporate the color, along with the dos and don’ts and answered numerous questions. Vickie provided light snacks at the end of the meeting which were yummy.”
The Garden Club’s next meeting is scheduled for September 20 at 7:15 p.m. at the Amelia Administration Building, 119 W. Main Street, Amelia, OH 45102. Topic of our meeting will be the “Ancient Japanese Art of Floral Design” known as Ikebana. Our presenter will be Ms. Beth Klaine. Beth is President of the Miami Valley Chapter #33 of Ohara School of Ikebana International. She has achieved Associate 2nd Term Master. Beth was introduced to Ikebana in 1992 when she was stationed in Japan and fell in love with it. She will demonstrate a typical arrangement.
The Amelia Garden Club’s goal is to promote interest and knowledge:
– About trees, fruits & vegetables, birds, and flowers that surround us
– Natural conservation of pollinators that sustain all our natural foods, flowers, and trees
– Best gardening practices and garden therapy
– With activities for people with same interests
– About community beautification projects
– Congratulations to our mother club, the Williamsburg Garden Club for achieving “Garden Club of the Year” for 2017 with the Ohio Association of Garden Clubs (OAGC) for Region #4.
They were recognized for their dedication to creating outstanding programming, community service and being active at the state level.
And, to top it off, they have provided a wealth of help and information to the Amelia Garden Club. Great Job!
We are growing our Garden Club membership and excited to bring on new members.
Interested in joining our Garden Club and attending the September 20 meeting, contact Compton at firstname.lastname@example.org or 937-205-2546.
Please RSVP to save your seat and leave your name and contact information.