The Village of Owensville lost a staunch supporter on Saturday, Nov. 28 with the death of Agnes Cecelia Schmidt Gauche. Mrs. Gauche was born March 21, 1919. She was 90 when she died.
After the death of her husband, Stanley Gauche, Agnes Gauche approached council in 1999 to state her intention to donate her home and nine acres to the village. The home, located at 410 South Broadway Street, was originally built in 1867 and was, at one time, the residence of John Pattison. Pattison served as governor of Ohio in 1906.
The village turned the land into a park named after the couple and the home now serves as the Owensville Historical Museum.